The Word: Fantasy Football Nuggets To Help You Dominate Week 6
When it comes to fantasy football there are a lot of "experts" out there saying a lot of different things and it's difficult to sift through all the information to determine what's real and what's fake.
So, I've decided to aid your fantasy football exploits and just give you some cold hard numbers that we've seen through five weeks of the NFL and let you make the determination.
So, here are your fantasy nuggets heading into week six (I'll update them throughout the week when more information is available).
- New York Jets TE Chris Herndon suffered a Grade 1 hamstring strain while running routes last week. He's out this week against DAL, he was just eligible to play this week after a four-game suspension.
- Tampa Bay Bucs offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich says that TE O.J. Howard is about to break out of his season-long funk.
- Cincinnati Bengals WR A.J. Green won't play this week coming back from injury but reports are that he's eying next week to make his season debut.
- Washington Redskins interim head coach Bill Callahan says that RB Adrian Peterson hasn't yet gotten into the rhythm of the offense but expects that to change this week against Miami.
- Denver Broncos WR Courtland Sutton who had been limited earlier in the week was a full go Thursday and will play this weekend against the Tennessee Titans.
- Quarterbacks with 16 or more fantasy points in standard-scoring: Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Gardner Minshew.
- Baltimore Ravens WR Hollywood Brown will be good to go in week six after suffering an ankle injury in week 5.
- New York Giants WR Sterling Shepard is back in concussion protocol and has been ruled out for the game Thursday against the New England Patriots. In addition, Giants TE Evan Engram is doubtful with an MCL sprain.
- New York Jets QB Sam Darnold has been cleared for play after his bout with mono and will play this week. Since he's been out of the lineup, the offense is responsible for only one touchdown.
- Incredible Stat Alert: The Jets are averaging 13.5 yards per drive this season and Carolina Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey has averaged 14.2 yards per drive HIMSELF.
- Pittsburgh Steelers RB Jaylen Samuels had his knee scoped on Monday and according to head coach Mike Tomlin will miss about a month.
- The running backs with the most targets in the passing game since week two:
- Austin Ekeler, LAC (34)
- Christian McCaffery, CAR (29)
- David Johnson, ARI (26)
- Chris Thompson, WSH (25)
- Leonard Fournette, JAX (24)