Three Phone Numbers To Keep Close During COVID-19 Outbreak
There are three phone numbers you can call for information during the Coronavirus outbreak in Acadiana. All three serve a distinct purpose and are available to you.
3-1-1 (Lafayette Parish)
- This number is for a nurse line to be pre-screened for COVID-19 testing. This line will also provide specific information and recommendations if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Coming soon to 3-1-1 will be offering information about the stimulus bill to business owners and employees. This service is a partnership with the Lafayette Economic Development Authority (LEDA).
- If you live outside of Lafayette Parish, you can access the same information line by calling 337-534-TEST (8378).
- The Louisiana 211 statewide network connects callers with more than 9,600 resources to help with issues across the board 365 days a year. During this time, Caller identification is private, but Louisiana 211 provides aggregate-themed data twice a day to the state Department of Health.
- Since activating on March 12th, 2-1-1 has answered a record 27,391 calls.
- This is the number you call if you have an emergency. All local law enforcement agencies are fully-operational at this time and first responders can assist if you have an emergency situation.
Subscribe to Sports Radio ESPN 1420 on
Get the latest information and online with our FREE mobile app and newsletter.