Twelve Players Receive 50 Game Suspensions from MLB
Twelve players are being suspended 50 games by Major League Baseball for their role in the Biogenesis case.
The agreement for the twelve comes without the right to appeal, per the agreement.
The suspension for New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez is expected to be announced as early as later today.
Fox Sports broke the story earlier today.
Here is the list of the twelve suspended players:
• Nelson Cruz, Rangers outfielder
• Everth Cabrera, Padres shortstop
• Jhonny Peralta, Tigers shortstop
• Antonio Bastardo, Phillies reliever
• Francisco Cervelli, Yankees catcher (on DL)
• Jordany Valdespin, Mets outfielder (minors)
• Jesus Montero, Mariners catcher (minors)
• Cesar Puello, Mets outfielder (minors)
• Sergio Escalona, Astros pitcher (minors)
• Fernando Martinez, Yankees outfielder (minors)
• Fautino De Los Santos, free-agent pitcher
• Jordan Norberto, free-agent pitcher
For more on the story, click here.