Put These on Your Louisiana Bucket List for 2018
Now that the weather is warming up (finally!), it's time to start exploring people, places and things right here in your own back yard.
Only in Louisiana has brought us a list of the seven best places to visit in Louisiana for 2018. Kind of a bucket list for those of us who live here, and actually want to going exploring in the Bayou State. We're so happy that they have chosen a couple of spots right here in Acadiana!
Start planning an adventure at any of the spectacular locales below.
- Rent a cabin for a quick getaway - we have over 22 state parks in Louisiana that rent cabins in our gorgeous outdoors
- Zip Line over alligators - yes, you can actually do this in Louisiana! Gators & Friends at 11441 Highway 80 in Greenwood is an exotic petting zoo and adventure park that is just waiting for you!
- Visit Poverty Point - this state historic park is a designated World Heritage Site, and is definitely worth the drive to Pioneer, LA
- Head to Cypress Island Nature Preserve for outdoor activities - located between Lafayette and Breaux Bridge. This area includes one of the most naturally beautiful parts of Acadiana, Lake Martin
- Take a tour of Avery Island - not only is Avery Island home to one of Louisiana's most famous salt domes, it also is a destination for the beautiful and lush Jungle Gardens. And let's not forget the world famous Tabasco plant.
- Enjoy a sunset at Cypremort State Park - located in St Mary Parish, this beautiful area is a major destination for water skiing, wind sailing, surfing, and of course, fishing
- Go on a swamp tour - even if you live here, going on a swamp tour can be a pretty exciting thing. And we have over 10 chartered tours to choose from around the state, if your out of town company wants to actually see an alligator.