My Top 10 Louisiana Christmas Gifts to Give
I love to give gifts from Louisiana. People go crazy getting something from Cajun Country! So I thought I would put together my favorite items that may or may not be something you can wrap and tie a bow on. But you definitely have to be on the 'Nice List' to get one of these. And just to be clear, I would like to receive any or all of these as well! Merry Christmas, y'all!
- Fleur de Lis necklace from Mignon Fager in New Orleans. These local artisans have been designing Louisiana themed jewelry since the 1960's. And it's all beautiful and sparkly
- Gift box of Community Coffee - for almost 100 years, Community has been the official coffee of the great state of Louisiana. They have seasonal and regular roasts for the coffee lover on your list
- Offshore fishing trip from Venice Offshore Charters - hours and hours of fun on the water for the Louisiana Sportsman in all of us
- Cajun Candles - this Kaplan candle and soap making supply business also has some of the best locally made candles in the state. Try the 'Swamp Pop', 'Ragin Cajun' or 'Who Dat' for that Louisiana vibe in your house.
- Pecans. I have two favorite places - Cane River Pecans in New Iberia, and Bergeron Pecans in New Roads
- Louisiana Cook Books - my all time favorites are 'Talk About Good' from the Junior League of Lafayette, 'River Road Recipes' from the Junior League of Baton Rouge, and 'Cane River Cuisine' from the Service League of Natchitoches. These have been family favorites since I was young!
- Season Tickets to New Orleans Saints, LSU Tigers, and UL Lafayette Ragin Cajuns
- Any painting by New Iberia artist George Rodrigue - the Blue Dog series is known world wide, and is famous for representing Louisiana
- Cajun Swamp Tour - a chartered tour through our mysterious Louisiana swamps is the coolest thing ever! And yes, you will probably see alligators
- A Cajun Kringle Cake from Haydels Bakery in New Orleans - their wildly popular Christmas confection is like a King Cake, with praline filling and caramel icing