From the Bird’s Nest: Five Intriguing Games for Nov. 12
Louisiana tries to win a piece of the Sun Belt Conference championship this weekend. But Jonesboro, Arkansas certainly won't be the only interesting site for college football this week. Here are five games to keep an eye on.
1. OREGON AT STANFORD--Anyone with a dog in the BCS hunt will be looking at this one. Although Stanford has games to play after this one (Cal, Notre Dame and a possible Pac-12 title game), this is perhaps their biggest test. A win here probably moves them ahead of Alabama in the BCS standings. A loss means there's one less team in 'Bama's way to a possible (ugh) rematch with LSU.
2. OKLAHOMA STATE AT TEXAS TECH--Texas Tech has been somewhat of an enigma. They went on the road and beat Oklahoma, then got blown out at home against Iowa State. Tommy Tuberville has always had a knack for preparing his teams to play big opponents. This week, it's #2 OSU, who won in Lubbock last year....for the first time since 1947. The Cowboys still have a date with OU. It would behoove them to be ready this Saturday.
3. ALABAMA AT MISSISSIPPI STATE--The Bulldogs have been known to give the Tide close games in Starkville. You can believe Alabama will have somewhat of a letdown after last week's loss to LSU. The Tide better be ready. Dan Mullen's squad, mostly disappointing this year, is looking for a little redemption. This will give it to them if they can win.
4. NEBRASKA AT PENN STATE--The Nittany Lions were home underdogs for this game before all the drama hit State College this week. Will we see an inspired Penn State team that is still unbeaten in Big Ten play? Or, will we see a shellshocked team distracted by salacious allegations and the announcment of the retirement of their long-time coach. Either way, look for Nebraska to come in an angry bunch after last week's upset loss.
5. TCU at Boise State--BSU haters, unite!! This is probably the only game standing between the Broncos and an unbeaten season. A win here, and a loss by Stanford and OSU, and we're looking at some major debate.