Top 15 Private High Schools in Acadiana
Earlier this week we posted about the best public high schools in Acadiana. It's only fair that we highlight the best private high schools too.
We once again went to a website called Niche to get the rankings. They do rigorous analysis of data, run it through their methodology system and come up with rankings for schools on a nationwide and statewide level.
According to their website:
Niche is a website that helps you discover the schools and neighborhoods that are right for you. We rigourously analyze dozens of public data sets and millions of reviews to produce comprehensive rankings, report cards, and profiles for every K-12 school, college, and neighborhood in the U.S.
A few days ago Niche published their rankings and profiles for high schools nationwide. Some of their analysis included academic and student life data from the U.S. Department of Education along with test scores, college data, and ratings collected from millions of Niche users.
So it is important to point out that these rankings sound a bit subjective. Nonetheless, this always makes for an interesting argument and even can be a catalyst for some bragging rights.
We combed through the results for private high schools in Louisiana and have listed below all the Acadiana area schools that are in the top 75 statewide along with their overall state ranking. (The town/city of the school is in parenthesis.)
- Episcopal School of Acadiana (Cade) #1
- Ascension Episcopal School (Youngsville) #13
- Schools of the Sacret Heart (Grand Coteau) #17
- Westminster Christian Academy (Opelousas) #25
- Assembly Christian School (New Iberia) #36
- Vermilion Catholic High School (Abbeville) #48
- Teurlings Catholic High School (Lafayette) #50
- St. Edmund Catholic School (Eunice) #53
- Sacred Heart School (Ville Platte) #56
- Opelousas Catholic School (Opelousas) #58
- Catholic High School (New Iberia) #61
- Lafayette Christian Academy (Lafayette) #64
- Notre Dame High School (Crowley) #69
- Hanson Memorial High School (Franklin) #71
- Highland Baptist Christian School (New Iberia) #75
***NOTE/EDITORIAL: St. Thomas More High School in Lafayette inexplicably does not appear on Niche's rankings for the state of Louisiana. Knowing the academic standards of this school, we would assume had there been some analysis of the school, STM would have made this list.***