Some of Your Favorite Stores Could Be Filing For Bankruptcy
Let me just get this out of the way - I love shopping.
Not online shopping, but actually going into a brick and mortar location that sells something that I want to buy.
Black Friday, and all the madness that surrounds it, is something that I look forward to every year.
So you can imagine how upsetting it is to hear that some of my favorite retail stores could possibly be filing for bankruptcy. UGH. The alarm has been sounded, and it's getting louder and louder.
According to Finance 101 'More defaults and bankruptcies are expected to come, says a report from S&P Global Ratings, with retail liquidations speeding up.' The companies below have been listed by Finance 101 as 'at risk of bankruptcy', and I'm honestly hoping that things will turn around for them, because some of my favorite places to shop are on here! Some of them have been in business for decades, and you can read the reasons why they are at risk here. Some of these are located in and around Acadiana, (the ones that are highlighted) and we are wishing them well in the future.
- J. Crew
- Sears Holdings
- 99 Cents Only
- Fred's Pharmacy
- Destination Maternity
- Ascena Retail - Ann Taylor, Dress Barn, LOFT, and Lou & Grey
- Stein Mart
- JC Penney
- Office Depot
- Vitamin Shoppe
- Neiman Marcus
- Pier 1 Imports
- Land's End
- Guitar Center
- Southeastern Grocers - Winn Dixie, Bi Lo
- Nine West
- David's Bridal
- Top's Market
- Cole Haan
- Charlotte Russe
- FullBeauty Brands Holding Corp. -Woman Within, Roaman’s, Jessica London, ellos, KingSize, and Brylane Home
- Eddie Bauer
- Bluestem Brands - Appleseed’s, Bedford Fair, Fingerhut, Draper’s & Damon’s, Blair, and Gettingon.com
- BKH - owner of 100 Puerto Rican Burger Kings, under it's subsidiary, Caribbean Restaurants
- Mattress Firm
- National Stores - Fallas, Conway and Anna’s Linens