Regional Roundup for Saturday, June 1
The third day of the NCAA Regional Baseball Tournament is Sunday and there are plenty of potential upsets on the horizon.
Here is a look around the country...which #1 seeds are in good shape, which have work to do and, in one case, who has already gone home.
1. UCLA--Bruins lost to #3 seed Loyola-Marymount last night. UCLA and Baylor play in an elimination game with LMU taking on the winner.
16. OREGON STATE--The defending champs have already been eliminated. #3 Michigan is undefeated and awaits the winner of #2 Creighton and #4 Cincinnati
8. Texas Tech is undefeated
9. Oklahoma State is Undefeated
4. Georgia--Mike Martin's #3 seed Florida State is the unbeaten team. The top seed takes on #2 Florida Atlantic to try and stay alive.
13. LSU is unbeaten
5. Arkansas is undefeated
12. Ole Miss is undefeated
2. Vanderbilt is undefeated
15. West Virginia--#3 Duke is the unbeaten team. #1 WVU has to get by #2 Texas A&M in order to have a shot.
7. Louisville--#3 Illinois State is undefeated. Louisville plays #2 Indiana in an elimination game.
10. EAST CAROLINA--This regional is a day behind because of weather. Today, #1 ECU takes on #2 North Carolina State in an elimination game. #3 Campbell and #4 Quinnipiac play in the winner's bracket. Another elimination game will be played tonight with the ECU/NCSU winner taking on the CU/QU loser
6. MISSISSIPPI STATE is unbeaten.
11. STANFORD--The Cardinal have an elimination game today against #4 Sacramento State. #3 Fresno State is unbeaten in the regional.
3. GEORGIA TECH--The Yellow Jackets were stunned by a walk-off, three run homer in the bottom of the ninth by #2 Auburn. Tech takes on #3 Coastal Carolina with the Tigers waiting in the wings.
14. NORTH CAROLINA is unbeaten.