Payton-Era Saints Players Bracket – Round 2
We've got a few months before Saints pre-season activity begins, so in order to kill some time, we set up a bracket featuring the best players to suit up in the Sean Payton era of the Saints. A few things to note:
- Drew Brees isn't listed because, well, Drew Brees. He would win it in a landslide.
- Deuce McAllister missed the cut because he only had one very productive season under Sean Payton in 2006. His other great years with the Saints came in the Jim Haslett era.
- One side of the bracket is offense. The other side is defense.
- Wards of the state are not eligible.
- Just missed the cut on offense - Jammal Brown, Terron Armstead, Jonathan Goodwin, Dave Thomas, Larry Warford, Robert Meachem, Chris Ivory, Khiry Robinson, Jeff Faine, Willie Snead IV, Jed Collins
- Just missed the cut on defense - Bobby McCray, Randall Gay, Remi Ayodele, Scott Shanle
- Thomas Morstead makes the cut because there wasn't a special teams branch and we had to include him somewhere, so he's on defense.
All this week your votes will help narrow down the field until we get the best non-Drew Brees player in the Sean Payton era. Voting will end at 9 am on Wednesday for Round 2 and the next poll will go live around noon, along with the results of the previous round. It's time for your voice to be heard!