Games of Acadiana is Saturday August 17
Miles Perret Cancer Services Center will hold their annual Games of Acadiana on Saturday, August 17th at the Cajundome and Convention Center. This family-friendly event, with over 60 games & activities is free and open to the public. There is also no charge for parking, and food options are available on site for hungry kids.
According to their website, Games of Acadiana was the vision of family and friends of 8-year old Miles Perret, who lost his battle with cancer in 1996. The amazing success of the first GOA enabled Miles Perret Cancer Services to open less than a year later.
This is the biggest fundraiser of the year for the organization that helps cancer patients and their families right here in Acadiana. The schedule of events for Saturday is below. And if you would like to volunteer for this amazing event, call 337-984-1920.
- 9:00 AM - Convention Center Doors Open
- 9:00 AM - Survivor "Check-In” Begins (Convention Center Lobby)
- 10:00 AM - Opening Ceremonies (Convention Center)
- 1:00 PM - Survivor Registration Area closes
- 4:00 PM - Games of Acadiana ends