Army Trick Helps You Fall Asleep In Just Two Minutes
Once you've finally decided to turn off the phone, the tv, the internet, and all the other distractions in your life and go to sleep comes the hard part. Actually falling asleep. For a lot of us with daily distractions settling our minds down for a good night's rest can be hard to do. However, some of the most stressed individuals on the planet claim to be able to drift off to dream in just two minutes.
Those individuals are members of the United States Army. According to a story that's been bouncing around the internet their method helps to put the troops to sleep in about two minutes.
- Relax the muscles in your face, including tongue, jaw and the muscles around the eyes
- Drop your shoulders as far down as they'll go, followed by your upper and lower arm, one side at a time
- Breathe out, relaxing your chest followed by your legs, starting from the thighs and working down
You should then spend 10 seconds trying to clear your mind before thinking about one of the three following images:
- You're lying in a canoe on a calm lake with nothing but a clear blue sky above you
- You're lying in a black velvet hammock in a pitch-black room
- You say "don't think, don't think, don't think" to yourself over and over for about 10 seconds
It certainly seems like it should work. I personally have not tried this method, although I will certainly add it to my list of tried and true measures for falling asleep. Among my best ways to fall asleep list are Nyquil, Benadryl, Dramamine, Golf on television, home shopping channels, and the sound of the ocean.