Amazingly Unique Christmas Light Displays in Louisiana
'Tis the season to be on the look out for beautiful holiday lights. We have an abundance of Christmas spirit here in the Bayou State, and because it's pretty balmy at this time of year, it's fun to road trip around to just look at the amazing and unique light displays at Christmastime.
Only in Louisiana has found some over the top spots that you will definitely want to bring the family to for some much needed holiday cheer. Is it too early to say 'Merry Christmas'?!
- Natchitoches Christmas Festival. Celebrating it's 93rd year in 2019, the celebration in Louisiana's oldest city is November 23 until January 6, 2020.
- Celebration in the Oaks. City Park, New Orleans. Celebrating 33 years of over a million lights throughout 25 acres of this gorgeous and historic park.
- Christmas in Roseland. Head to the American Rose Center from November 29 to December 23 for nightly displays, lights, and visits from the big guy himself (Santa)
- ZooLights, Baton Rouge. Visit the Zoo from November 29 until December 30 for over 50 illuminated display sculptures, holiday displays, and of course, your favorite animals.
- Holiday Light Safari. Alexandria Zoological Park. Every weekend in December enjoy dazzling lights, lighted train rides, and of course, Santa.
- Candy Cane Lane.170 LA-151, Calhoun. An immersive drive through experience open from November 22 - December 31 that is sure to bring a smile to even the Scroogiest of Scrooges
- Lafreniere Park. Metairie's largest park comes alive with thousands of sparkling lights, and a pretty amazing 60-foot sea serpent in the lagoon