True Or False – 9 Louisiana Superstitions [Video]
Did you get them all correct?
Seeing that it's Friday the 13th, everyone is watching their backs for all of the superstitions that we here in Louisiana carry around with us.
NOLA.com took to the streets to ask some folks some True or False questions about Louisiana superstitions.
Here are the questions, True or False:
- If you spit three times, it increases your defense against the devil.
- To keep money coming your way, eat both ends of a loaf of bread.
- If you let a mop drop on your foot, you'll never get married.
- If you drop a dish towel, you'll be getting visitors soon.
- If you hear a rooster crow, there will be a death in the family.
- If an alligator crawls under your house, there will be a death in the family.
- Hang a mirror inside your room to keep the devil away.
- Throw salt in the form of a cross to ensure a visitor will never return.
- To break up a hurricane, make a cross with two forks nine times.
Answers below the video
- False - Throw away both ends
- False - If a hen crows, there will be a death in the family.
- False - Hang a mirror outside your door to keep the devil away.
- False - To break up a hurricane, make a cross with two knives nine times.