Rating the Wins and Losses in Week Two in the Sun Belt
Week two in the Sun Belt saw eight of the twelve teams in action. Two, Georgia State and Coastal Carolina, had the week off while ULM and Arkansas State had games cancelled because of Hurricane Irma.
Wins are always better than losses. Here's the ranking of the W's and L's this past week.
1. NEW MEXICO STATE (1-1) 30, NEW MEXICO 28--Tyler Rogers threw for four touchdowns as the Aggies got an FBS win over an arch rival.
2. TROY (1-1) 34, ALABAMA STATE 7--The Trojans set a new record for attendance at Veterans Memorial Stadium (29,278)
3. APPALACHIAN STATE (1-1) 54, SAVANNAH STATE 7--The Mountaineers got five touchdown passes from Taylor Lamb against a badly outmanned opponent.
1. TULSA 66, LOUSIANA (1-1) 42--Cajuns had almost 600 yards in offense...but gave up almost 700.
2. OKLAHOMA STATE 44, SOUTH ALABAMA (0-2) 7 --Jags have been outscored 91-34 in their first two games but got some national tv exposure.
3. COLORADO 37, TEXAS STATE (1-1) 3--Bobcats amass just 283 yards of offense.
4. UNLV 44, IDAHO (1-1) 16--Vandals have their six game winning streak snapped against a team that lost in week one to a 45 point underdog.
5. NEW HAMPSHIRE 22, GEORGIA SOUTHERN (0-2) 12--Eagles lose to an FCS team and have scored just one offensive touchdown in two games.