NBA All-Star Starters Announced; Pelicans with two Starters
The NBA All-Star game starters have been announced for the Eastern and Western Conference and the New Orleans Pelicans are very well represented in the West.
The fans have selected both Anthony Davis and DeMarcus Cousins to starting spots.
Both of these selections are very warranted.
Davis on the season is averaging 26.7 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 2.1 blocks per game
Boogie on the other hand is averaging 25.3 points, 12.7 rebounds, and 5.1 assists per game.
The Western Conference Starters:
- Steph Curry- Golden State Warriors (Captain)
- James Harden- Houston Rockets
- Kevin Durrant- Golden State Warriors
- Anthony Davis- New Orleans Pelicans
- DeMarcus Cousins- New Orleans Pelicans
The Eastern Conference Starters:
- Kyrie Irving- Boston Celtics
- DeMar DeRozen- Toronto Raptors
- Giannis Antetokounmpo- Milwaukee Bucks
- LeBron James- Cleveland Cavaliers (Captain)
However, this year we have a new format in which the captains will choose from the pool of starters and reserves regardless of conference affiliation.
Therefore, LeBron could select Curry's teammate Durant if he wanted to. The first four selections by each captain has to be made from the pool of starters.
After the first four picks, the reserves are up for grabs, again regardless of conference affiliation.
The NBA is trying to shake things up with a new All-Star Game format after years of lackluster play and the Western Conference dominating the East.
The reserve players will be selected by NBA Head Coaches and announced January 25th.