Louisiana Ranks No. 4 On Best Food/Drink List
If you could live anywhere in the United States based on what you'd like to eat/drink for the rest of your life, where would it be? A recent study was done by thrillist.com that can now assist you in that decision.
Of course, being from Louisiana, we know that we are right where we need to be in the department of having the best food/drink in the United States. But thrillist.com did extensive research and based this list on four key questions about each state:
- What did they produce (beef, oranges, ugh, sorghum?)
- What iconic items were they known for (key lime pie? onion burgers?)
- What is their beer/wine/spirits production like (breweries?, wineries?)
- What is the food/drink scene like in their cities?
Here are the top five states to live based on the best food/drink available:
- California - known for it's Mission Burritos, innovative Food Truck culture, fish tacos and craft beer.
- Texas - known for it's Tex-Mex cuisine, Barbeque, their own style of Chili (no beans) and the Ballpark Nachos.
- New York - known for it's foldable pizza, Bufffalo Wings, innovative cocktails and Bagels.
- Louisiana - known for everything good! But specifically, Cajun and Creole cuisine, po' boys, crawfish etouffee, gumbo, jambalaya, Bourbon Street and a Ramos Gin Fizz from the Sazerak Bar.
- Illinois - known for it's deep-dish pizza, Chicago Dogs and Italian beef.
This is by no means a scientific study. To find out the rest of the rankings, click here. What are your thoughts? Do you think Louisiana should be ranked #1?