From the Bird’s Nest…Ten reasons to be at the ‘Dome Saturday
Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns take on Louisiana-Monroe Saturday night at the Cajundome. And, there are plenty of reasons, some out of the norm, for fans to make sure they're in the stands:
1. RELIVE THE PAST--It's reunion weekend and you'll see some of your all time favorites at the Dome Saturday night. Several members of the 1000-point club will be there, along with some of the great all-time coaches.
2. GET AUTOGRAPHS--Get to the 'Dome early. There will be an autograph session from 6-7. You can get autographs from some of the former players as well as a couple of legendary coaches.
3. SAY HI TO HUD--New UL Football Coach Mark Hudspeth will be in attendance and will introduce his new staff to the crowd at halftime.
4. IMPRESS THE RECRUITS--This weekend is a HUGE recruiting weekend in football for the Cajuns. A big, enthusiastic crowd could go a long way toward impressing them. The passion of Cajuns fans is well known. Here's a chance to show these young men what passion means.
5. SEE THE FUTURE--Freshmen J. J. Thomas and Bryant Mbamalu are getting better week by week. Thomas has had a double-double in his last two games. These two guys are part of the future of Cajuns basketball.
6. WATCH THE COACH IN ACTION--Bob Marlin generated a lot of excitement when he was named Cajuns' head coach back in April. If you're at the game, watch the action AWAY from the basketball, This guy can coach. If you watch smartly, you'll see it for yourself.
7. RADAR CLOSING IN--If Randall Daigle doesn't get seventeen against Centenary, you may see him become the newest member of the 1000-point club. He has 983 going into the Centenary game.
8. BRING THE KIDS--All kids 12 and under get in free Saturday night. A good deal just got even better
9. SAY HI TO COACH LEE--He didn't win enough basketball games, but every Cajun fans knows what a great guy Robert Lee is. He's now an assistant at ULM. Here's a chance to welcome him back.
10. ROOT FOR THE CAJUNS---There haven't been nearly enough home games, or nearly enough wins. But it's your team, and they're at home. Every chance to root for the Cajuns is a good thing.